Sunday, March 6, 2016

Strength in Trust

This week I felt a strong emphasis of trust in the material I studied. Trust is vital to success in business. Trust is what bonds employees and employers together, and offers a solid relationship to make successful strategies. With this principle in mind we can better ourselves and those around us by showing others the courtesy of trust. It isn't easy to do so in this world, but without it, it becomes significantly harder to produce good and effective results. It is so important to lead by example. One example of trust that I found very insightful this week is a video of Guy Kawasaki titled "Aspects of Building Trust". In this presentation Guy refers two types of people as an "eater" and a "baker". The "eater" represents someone who is concerned with only helping themselves, while the "baker" is concerned with helping everyone he can. I think this concept is excellent at portraying what kind of attitude is most effective. If we have the attitude of helping everyone we will be significantly more successful, both in our personal lives and our careers, than we otherwise would. We must be willingly to help and trust others and we can trust we will receive that treatment in return. I feel strongly that following this counsel will make our world a more kind place to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment