Saturday, February 20, 2016
Effective Habits
This week was quite the inner look of who I was. That's not to say the lesson was about me, but that the concepts and things learned within the lesson were about becoming more effective in self. I take the things I learn personally, so a lesson about being more effective and becoming more gave me an opportunity for self-reflection. I had the very nice surprise to study from author Stephen Covey. I was already familiar with his book "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People", but this allowed me the chance to fully delve into each habit and make them personally apply to my life and studies. The habit that always seemed one of the most important to me is being proactive. It cannot be overstated how lazy many of us have become in the last decade. With the way media is at the forefront of attention, and a cultural shift on pleasure and gratification of oneself it is easy to understand why it can be so jolting to be proactive. This was an excellent reminder that if something needs done then do it. To become effective with anything we do it only makes sense that half the battle is accomplishing the task. I think with this kind of principle, and the other habits mentioned like putting things first, beginning with the end in mind, and more we can truly be the most effective with what we do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment