Sunday, February 14, 2016

Self-Mastery

Another excellent week in the study of business. There were some minor complications in the fact that I had surgery this week, but I was still able to perform my normal tasks. I found the most vital piece of information in the talk titled "Success Is Gauged by Self-Mastery" by Elder N. Eldon Tanner. In his talk he gave a great example of his grandson who had mastered a form of self-control at an early age. He made a bet with his grandson that if he would never miss a Sunday for church he would fully fund his church mission. Sure enough the boy did it and surprised the heck out of Elder Tanner. I found this to be a strong testimony in my life. I always aim to be a "100% percenter" like Elder Tanner's grandson, but it is not so easy for me. This story gave me strength that if I apply myself I can master me. Mastering myself is perhaps my most difficult challenge. I come from a lineage of people who change their self-mastery on a daily basis, so the success rate is difficult. I believe if I take the things I learn from this course, and the things I read in the book I have been reading titled "Mastery" by George Leonard then I will be able t change my lifestyle up to the point of mastery. This has always been a goal of mine, and I believe this course is aiming me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment