Sunday, February 7, 2016

Portfolio Your Passions

This week has been another incredibly helpful and insightful look into business. Perhaps that sounds like a cliché thing to say for a business student, but for someone who really enjoys this kind of profession it is natural. I feel every time I watch a Stanford video provided in my material my intelligence on the subject at hand grows about ten times. It is really amazing to me that many of the things I learn each week are really common sense. For example in one video I watched titled "How Do You Find Your Passion and How Do You Pursue It?" discusses the idea that it is ok to have multiple passions. That translates to if you are having trouble picking a career path because you have too many passions it's ok. Choose to put those passions in a portfolio and marry the passions with the opportunities in front of you. This was extremely beneficial to me. I am the kind of person who loves everything, so having a way to put everything I love together and choosing to act on the opportunity that best fits my passion that is perfect for me. This is really a smart and helpful way to organize the best decisions to choose when deciding on a course of action. This allows myself to see what opportunity is ahead of me to take advantage of and marry that with something I love. I really like the natural effect this has on career choosing. I feel very uplifted and more confident after this lesson. I know I am growing and learning as a person. The things I am learning are truly wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment